Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Truly From the Depths of my Heart

One of the things I've always believed is that friends "DO" for each other. So many of you have done so much for me throughout this whole process. Sometimes my 'thank yous' are in person and sometimes I whisper a silent 'thanks', but ALWAYS I am appreciative of what you are giving me throughout this whole ordeal. My regret is that I can't send each of you a thank you note for everything you have done. These are just a few of the gracious acts that have been so unselfishly given and I thank you for:

somehow 'knowing' that you should call and then meeting me at the Dr on September 18th when the 'C Bomb' was dropped, cussing for me, holding my hand, crying with me and farting at just the right moment so we could have a much needed giggle, dropping a feather off with my newspaper, looking up information for me, bringing me amazing quiche with homegrown garden greens, crying with me, comforting me, doing reiki for me and helping me with visualizations, visiting me at school even though you could have had a sub job that day, emptying the dishwasher, doing the dishes, taking walks, giving me naturopathic advice, calling and being ok if I don't return the phone call for a few days, making me laugh, driving out to visit, offering to come to visit, spending the night, helping me with my blog, helping me with scarf fashion (I may need some more of that), being patient with my tears even though you are busy, fed exing my radiology reports, purple flowers, any flowers, scar massage oil, coconut oil, Messiah's Handbook, letting me comment on your eyebrows, allowing me to come in late and leave early from school for appointments so I don't have to use precious sick days, biking on the flats when you might want to bike on hills, encouraging me to join the Y, beautiful furniture to replace my 'college look' concrete and planks, a beautiful handmade twig table, books on diet, cancer and fun, going to the doctor with me, taking copious notes at the doctor, helping me think of questions to ask the doctor, calling to ask me about my Mountain Chalet schedule and being flexible because I don't know what the effects of the chemo will be, loaning me your favorite crystals, listening with love, wearing purple, bringing me tea that helped you when you were pregnant and feeling crummy, sharing your kids with me, being gentle in encouraging me not to read about chemo side effects at night, calling when I haven't heard from you in years, calling when I haven't heard from you in days, calling when I haven't heard from you in hours, e-mailing, slumber parties with popcorn and sorbet, taking me out for dinner, Peace of Mind relaxing therapy, being there when I wake up from surgery, answering my phone and taking messages, kind loving words, ordering my tv converter box, taking time off from work to be my second set of ears, painting my deck, hugging me when I walk into the office at school, letting other people know what is going on with me, embracing me with love, giving me phone numbers of other cancer survivors, sitting and holding my hand in the dark, flying here from Salt Lake to spend time with me, pomegranate juice, Allison's basketball jersey for 'Dig For the Cure', packages of thank you notes, sending prayer bars, sweet cards with thoughtful words, ordering a Livestrong Notebook, wearing a Livestrong bracelet for me, passing on your Livestrong bracelet when I happened to see you hiking, commenting on my blog, foot rub lotion, talking to me about your cancer, helping me breathe through my tears, the right words at the right time, all the positive thoughts you send.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. It doesn't seem like enough but know it comes from the depths of my heart. Love to you all.

1 comment:

suesun said...

it's so amazing to see them all in one place. I think it helps us all to feel a part of the whole. Thank YOU.