Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Different Adventure

A year ago I was gallivanting across Greece, moseying through Madagascar, inhaling Italy, attempting the tango and preparing to play with penguins in Antarctica.  What a wonderful adventure it was.

I always take a DEEP breath as I pass through customs in a foreign land.  Big glass windows look out on the unknown as I make my way through crowds of waiting, anticipation, tears and foreign language that pave the way to the next adventure.  The "adventure" I'm wading through at this point is breast cancer.  I was diagnosed on September 18th.  At this point, it looks like it is small (9mm) and contained.  The MRI looks like it hasn't spread.  I'm hopeful and positive but won't know much more until they pull outs the lump and check my lymph nodes which will happen this Monday.  In the meantime, I'm indulging myself in kale (yup, I make it SPICY), superfoods, exercise and everything I can to help myself with a speedy recovery!  

Just like walking through those crowds in some funky airport in a tucked away corner of the world, I'm seeing the light of hope shine through those windows along with the waiting, the anticipation, the tears and the foreign language of 'cancer'.  The big difference is that I have each of YOU who are SO dear to me sending your warmth, hugs, good 'juju', light and love.  

Please take a deep breath for me and wear purple....I'm not really into pink.

Thanks....and MUCH love to each of you

1 comment:

The Pia Lord Show said...

Hi Lynn,
I wish you all the best on this journey, this time. I hope you find the sunshine in each day, the rays that make the gray skies go away.
Lots of hugs to you and Andre'.
Pia
(Andre is my brother)