Thursday, January 22, 2009

Good Riddance Radiation

Tomorrow is the supposed 'Grand Finale'.
The last walk to the 'linear accelerator'.
The final burn.
The discharge from radiation treatment.

No more cheesy gown and robe.
No more nestling into the customized headrest.
No more dressing and undressing 8 times before 8 a.m.

Shouldn't I be ecstatic?
Shouldn't I be jumping for joy?
Shouldn't I be ready to look back and say "ADIOS" to shedding tears?

I know I shouldn't "should" on myself but to tell you the truth, I'm a bit scared.

Now what?
Is my cancer gone?
Am I free?
Will my spirit quickly return?
What about this exhaustion?
And what about my dear old friend 'Normal'?

In the words of my wise friend Sally, this 'piece' of the journey will soon be behind me...and to that I can say GOOD RIDDANCE! May I NEVER meet this storm again!

1 comment:

barbmerchant said...

When I finished radiation, it was strange..I had the same "am I really ok" feelings and was scared to face the day without my radiation treatment and seeing my "gang" at the hospital...but all was well!!